Reporting from Tokyo on Enterprise Mobility

View from SAP's
Tokyo Office
This week I am in both Tokyo and in Singapore leading workshops on enterprise mobility.  K2 Partnering organized these workshops to help educate companies on mobility.  On Monday we conducted a workshop to a full house in the Century Court Marunouchi, which is the building General McArthur used during the rebuilding and reconstruction years following WWII.  It is located directly across the street from the Imperial Palace grounds.

It seems that in Japan mobility is very advanced at the consumer level, but not so much in the enterprise.  I met with folks from Danone (yogurt-CPG), Gap (retail), Fujifilm, Novartis, Accenture, SAP, Cognizant and many others during this event.

Yesterday afternoon I had the privilege of meeting with the SAP Telecom business unit for APJ and the enterprise mobility folks in their downtown Tokyo office.  What an amazing view and great teams!  They are seeing a huge demand for enterprise mobility across Asia and are very actively recruiting more people to join the SAP team to focus on mobility.

Side note #1 - I asked the team from K2 Partnering yesterday what they typically eat for lunch in Tokyo - the answer was Korean food.  That struck me as funny.

Side note #2 - I had delicious noodle soup after a  morning run yesterday.  I found a tiny noodle shop in the middle of the gigantic Tokyo fish market.  I saw massive Tuna being carted around to be cut into fresh sushi.

Side note #3 - the heated toilet seats are an interesting touch.

Today, another enterprise mobility workshop before heading to the airport and Singapore.


*************************************************************
Kevin Benedict, Independent Mobile Industry Analyst, Consultant and SAP Mentor Volunteer
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility analyst, consultant and blogger. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.

No comments:

Featured Post

Leadership Advice from a Futurist - A Reading

Leadership is hard.  So for all the leaders and want-to-be leaders out there, here is some advice that I hope you will find useful. ***...