Efficient Workforces and Network Centric Mobility Strategies

NHS's Stephen Chilton
I interviewed Stephen Chilton from the UK's NHS (National Health Services) today about their enterprise mobility solutions and plans.  I will publish the entire 29 minute interview next week in my first official podcast that can be subscribed to and downloaded on iTunes (OK so I am a bit slow).  During this interview Stephen talked about dozens of different mobile applications they use, but one in particular caught my attention.  It allows hospitals to better care for their patients during the night when there are fewer staff on duty.

When there is better communications, better visibility, more knowledge about resource locations and better access to information, then you are in the best situation to efficiently support the needs of your customers/patients.

The military is also finding this to be true.  Using a Network Centric Operational strategy, they can put the right people and right assets in the right place at the right time.  This results in a workforce multiplier that maximizes the effectiveness of your team and limited resources.  In both cases, enterprise mobility plays a key role.

Stay tuned for the full interview with Stephen Chilton here next week.


*************************************************************
Kevin Benedict, Independent Mobile and M2M Industry Analyst, SAP Mentor Volunteer
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility analyst, consultant and blogger. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.

No comments:

Featured Post

Leadership Advice from a Futurist - A Reading

Leadership is hard.  So for all the leaders and want-to-be leaders out there, here is some advice that I hope you will find useful. ***...