Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What Mobile Software Vendor will Oracle Buy in 2012?

What mobile software vendor will Oracle buy in 2012?  This is the question I asked, and sixty-six people shared their thoughts.  Here are their answers:

  • 42% - Antenna Software
  • 27% - Kony Solutions
  • 13% - Verivo (formerly Pyxis Mobile)
  • 12% - Syclo
  • 4%   - Rhomobile

I asked this question because SAP bought Sybase, IBM bought WorkLight, HP bought webOS (oops!), and it seems like Oracle must make a move into enterprise mobility soon.  The market will not wait for Oracle, so if Oracle wants to control their future they need to act.

Kevin Benedict, Independent Mobile Industry Analyst, Consultant and SAP Mentor Volunteer
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility analyst, consultant and blogger. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.