Norton Rose Group, an international business law firm, needed a mobile solution for their employees so they would have full access to company resources and information while on business trips. Mobileiron was chosen to provide a mobile solution for Norton Rose employees. The company received the following ROIs:
- ROI - Increased productivity by enabling 1,800 employees on three continents the ability to access company resources while traveling between offices and while meeting with clients on business trips.
- ROI - Employees could keep business related information separate from their personal information on mobile devices which enabled a BYOD (bring your own device) policy. A BYOD policy provides the benefit of reducing capital expenses.
- ROI - Extended the user choice for mobility beyond corporate issued BlackBerry devices to iPhones, iPads and more. Again, a BYOD policy provides the benefit of reducing capital expenses.
- ROI - Secured and protected sensitive information. Having a secure mobility system was essential to supporting clients' needs for privacy and the workforce's need for mobility.
- ROI - Cost reduction by enabling different regions to set-up different policies and configurations to ensure compliance with local regulations. This eliminated the need for different MDM (mobile device management) systems in different regions that would have increased costs.
Click Software recently provided Angilan Water, a UK based utility company, with a range of mobile enterprise solutions that included mobile-based scheduling and management programs that allowed employees to work more efficiently. The reported ROIs were:
- Increased service levels by 33 percent
- Reduced average travel per job by 24 percent
- Decreased the works backlog by 95 percent in some process areas
- Decreased overtime by 11 percent
Helzberg Diamonds needed an easy way for their traveling employees to have access to relevant, updated data on inventory while on business trips. Webalo was chosen to provide a mobile tool that gave employees the ability to access store inventory data through a handheld device. The ROIs that followed were:
- ROI - Increased productivity by enabling Helzberg employees to access company data while traveling across country.
- ROI - Access to enterprise data via Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Symbian, Windows Mobile, or Java-enabled devices enabled Helzberg employees to choose the best device for their needs.
- ROI - Improved productivity and efficiencies by enabling Helzberg executives to view their sales reports and retail totals for all stores within a region on their mobile devices while traveling.
Kevin Benedict, Independent Mobile and M2M Industry Analyst, SAP Mentor Volunteer
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Read The M2M News Monthly
Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility analyst, consultant and blogger. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.