MEAPs are They Needed?

On the SAP Enterprise Mobility Linkedin group I asked the question, "Are stand alone MEAPs (mobile enterprise application platforms) required for a large company implementing multiple mobile applications and multiple mobile devices that will be integrated with ERPs?"

Twenty-one people took the poll and here are the results:
  • 76% said YES
  • 23% said NO
I would like to ask the 23% for their strategy and guidance as to how one would effectively manage many different mobile apps, mobile devices, mobile users and mobile operating systems if you are not going to use a mobile platform.

I know some companies like appsFreedom and Webalo offer cloud based mobile apps for SAP that run on many different devices and mobile operating systems, but if you had custom mobile apps with complexity, wouldn't that be difficult to manage without a platform?

*************************************************************
Kevin Benedict, Independent Mobile Industry Analyst, Consultant and SAP Mentor Alumnus
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility analyst, consultant and blogger. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.

No comments:

Featured Post

Leadership Advice from a Futurist - A Reading

Leadership is hard.  So for all the leaders and want-to-be leaders out there, here is some advice that I hope you will find useful. ***...