Independent Mobility Analyst - What Does that Mean?

Talk, Talk, Talk
I had a person ask me today about the meaning of independent mobility analyst.  That is a fair question so let me try to explain what I do.  The first thing to know is that I wear many hats.  I am a blogger (just topped 1,000 articles), journalist, consultant, experienced executive, advisor, workshop facilitator and analyst.  I conduct research and write reports on issues related to enterprise mobility and M2M (machine-to-machine communications). Often I write these analyst reports on contract to analyst firms. 

In addition to writing analyst reports, I also write articles nearly every day that are published at http://mobileenterprisestrategies.blogspot.com/ and on many other sites related to enterprise mobility.  I also publish five newsletters on various niche markets within enterprise mobility each week.  I am regularly invited to speak on webinars and at technology conferences, user groups and other events.  I have led sessions at Sapphire, SAP TechEd, ASUG chapter meetings and SAP Insider events.  Next month I will be leading two sessions at the Mastering SAP Technologies conference in Sydney, Australia.

In between researching, writing, participating in webinars and speaking at conferences, I spend time consulting, recording podcasts and videos, and volunteering my time as an SAP Mentor.  My background is general enterprise mobility and B2B e-commerce, but I spend the majority of my time working within the SAP ecosystem.

That is my odd work life as an independent freelancer.

***************************************************
Kevin Benedict, Independent Mobile and M2M Industry Analyst, SAP Mentor
Phone +1 208-991-4410
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Join the SAP Enterprise Mobility group on Linkedin:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=2823585&trk=anet_ug_grppro

Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility consultant, mobility analyst, writer and Web 2.0 marketing professional. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.

No comments:

Interviews with Kevin Benedict