Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Independent Mobility Analyst - What Does that Mean?

Talk, Talk, Talk
I had a person ask me today about the meaning of independent mobility analyst.  That is a fair question so let me try to explain what I do.  The first thing to know is that I wear many hats.  I am a blogger (just topped 1,000 articles), journalist, consultant, experienced executive, advisor, workshop facilitator and analyst.  I conduct research and write reports on issues related to enterprise mobility and M2M (machine-to-machine communications). Often I write these analyst reports on contract to analyst firms. 

In addition to writing analyst reports, I also write articles nearly every day that are published at http://mobileenterprisestrategies.blogspot.com/ and on many other sites related to enterprise mobility.  I also publish five newsletters on various niche markets within enterprise mobility each week.  I am regularly invited to speak on webinars and at technology conferences, user groups and other events.  I have led sessions at Sapphire, SAP TechEd, ASUG chapter meetings and SAP Insider events.  Next month I will be leading two sessions at the Mastering SAP Technologies conference in Sydney, Australia.

In between researching, writing, participating in webinars and speaking at conferences, I spend time consulting, recording podcasts and videos, and volunteering my time as an SAP Mentor.  My background is general enterprise mobility and B2B e-commerce, but I spend the majority of my time working within the SAP ecosystem.

That is my odd work life as an independent freelancer.

Kevin Benedict, Independent Mobile and M2M Industry Analyst, SAP Mentor
Phone +1 208-991-4410
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Join the SAP Enterprise Mobility group on Linkedin:

Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility consultant, mobility analyst, writer and Web 2.0 marketing professional. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.