The company that was awarded the inspection work contacted me to help them mobilize this system. Here is a high level view on how I remember the process worked:
- Mail was sent to the council house addresses announcing the program.
- Inspection visits were scheduled.
- Inspectors were dispatched to a certain number of homes each day.
- Minutes before the inspectors were to arrive, the home owners were called to make sure they were home.
- The inspectors inspected all of the plumbing and appliances for leaks, and other areas where water consumption could be reduced.
- Following the inspections the data was synchronized back to a central database.
- The results of the inspections were organized and recommendations on a per house basis were made and the costs associated with the improvements where calculated.
- Once the improvements and work was approved, field service technicians were dispatched to install equipment and repair equipment that was intended to reduce water usage.
Kevin Benedict, SAP Mentor, SAP Top Contributor, Mobile and M2M Industry Analyst
Phone +1 208-991-4410
Join SAP Enterprise Mobility on Linkedin: