Unscientific Analysis of the Mobile Software Market for Handheld PDAs


If you are looking for a scientific study, with verifiable statistics, on the trends to be found in the enterprise mobile software application market, this is the wrong place. What I can share is the following examples from the past few days in Boise, Idaho, USA.

Last week I looked out of my office window (I do this a lot to appear contemplative), and see a mobile dent repair van in the parking lot. We have been involved with many mobile dent repair business application projects - my sales team swarmed him. Later that day the paintless dent repair technician visited our website to download information on our mobile solutions for paintless dent repair.

Yesterday, I visited Starbucks (this was not my first time), and saw a gentleman wearing a shirt that had a "Carrier" logo. Carrier is a manufacturer of Air Conditioning equipment. We have been involved with numerous mobile software application projects with HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) companies.

I said, "Howdy! I work for a company that develops software applications for handheld PDAs used in the HVAC industry." He looked at me with surprise (I get that a lot when I talk to people) and then he said, "I am looking for mobile work order software for my HVAC business right now."

Later, I was working in my tomato garden (a world class production) last week and my neighbor came over. He leaned against my fence and said the software company he works for is interested in mobilizing their work order management software application. I know just the company I told him. He is coming over to the office later this week.

Again yesterday I was returning to the office after having visited a unique, one-of-a-kind place called Starbucks, and there in the parking lot was a van with the words "Mobile Windshield Repair" on the side. I went down the hall to our sales department and pointed out the window. With an explosion of papers and headsets the room cleared. The Mobile Windshield company has many locations and vans operating across multiple states. They are interested in mobilizing their dispatch and work order processes.

My truly unscientific analysis suggests the market is very interested in mobilizing business processes today. I want to be the first to raise my hand and say - talk to us here at MobileDataforce. We have operations in North America, Europe and in Australia. We are helping companies achieve inspiring returns on their investments in mobile solutions and providing significant competitive advantages around the world.

No comments:

Featured Post

Leadership Advice from a Futurist - A Reading

Leadership is hard.  So for all the leaders and want-to-be leaders out there, here is some advice that I hope you will find useful. ***...