MobileDataforce has been working on projects in Europe, North America and in Australia/New Zealand that involve inspecting and appraising automobiles and other equipment for auctions and resale. Think about the environment that these activities take place in - mines, construction sites, storage lots, homes, auto dealerships, etc. These environments require one to collect a great deal of data in the field.
Handheld PDAs and mobile inspection software with wireless synchronization back to an enterprise database application in the office provides a huge amount of value. Let's discuss some of it here:
- Standardized inspection forms on handheld computers can ensure inspections are complete, uniform, accurate and readable.
- Business rules included in the mobile handheld inspection applications can validate that the information is accurate. For example scanning a VIN number on a vehicle can automatically fill out much of the vehicle information automatically and ensure the inspection data matches the vehicle description.
- Real time wireless synchronization means the inspection data can be immediately displayed on a website.
- Digital camera integration with your handheld computer can attach photos to your inspection data for immediate display on a website
- Wireless dispatch means your inspectors can be sent information on where they need to go for their next inspection
- In some cases valuation data can be pre-loaded into the handheld computer and aligned with the data collected from the inspection to provide a near real-time appraisal in the field.