Predictions on Enterprise Mobility and HTML5

I have conducted several surveys recently where I asked people to predict the percentage of enterprise mobility applications that will be written in HTML5 by 2014.  Three months ago I asked a group of "big firm" analysts for their prediction and it ranged from 30% to 50% of enterprise mobility apps.  Yesterday I asked a person here at the SAPinsider Mobile2012 event and their prediction was 20%.

Last month I polled a group on Linkedin, SAP Enterprise Mobility, and 20 people responded with their predictions.  Here are the unscientific, but interesting, results:

Question: What percentage of enterprise mobility apps will be developed using HTML4 by 2014?

  • 20% said less than 30% of enterprise mobility apps
  • 15% said 31% to 40% of enterprise mobility apps
  • 10% said 41% to 50% of enterprise mobility apps
  • 15% said 51% to 60% of enterprise mobility apps
  • 40% said more than 61% of enterprise mobility apps

Fifty-five percent predict that more than 50% of enterprise mobility apps will be developed using HTML5 by 2014.  What are your predictions and why?

SAP has taken a strong stance in favor of HTML5 this last month.  They are investing a great deal into their HTML5 UIs.


*************************************************************
Kevin Benedict, Independent Mobile Industry Analyst, Consultant and SAP Mentor Volunteer
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility analyst, consultant and blogger. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.

No comments:

Interviews with Kevin Benedict