Today Zia Yusuf is CEO of Streetline, a San Francisco company. This former SAP EVP is showing up all over the media these days. Why? His new company provides some very interesting mobile and M2M (machine-to-machine) technologies that show real time parking availability on smartphones.
What does his solution consists of?
- Battery-powered sensors (M2M) in parking spaces
- Data center in Dallas, Texas
- $1.99 Mobile Parker iPhone application
- Reduces fuel used searching for parking spots
- Reduces the time spent searching for a parking spot
- Reduces neighborhood traffic
- Increased driving safety (not distracted looking for parking spots)
- Provides directions to available parking spots
Jefferson Graham in a USA TODAY article reports that, “IBM in 2010 named Streetline the 'Global Entrepreneur of the year,' after it won several competitions IBM staged to look for companies working on a 'smarter planet.'"
I write about both mobile solutions and M2M (machine-to-machine) communications. This solution utilizes both, so it wins my favorite mobile solution of the day!
Congratulations Zia! I knew there was an afterlife.
Whitepaper of Note: Unlocking the Value of Enterprise Mobility