Salesforce.com's Chatter, Mobile Knowledge Management and Collaboration


I spent time at the CIO Council last week with Kris Muller in product marketing with Salesforce.com.  He was at the CIO conference speaking about Salesforce.com's new solution called Chatter.  Here is the official description of Chatter from Salesforce.com:

Chatter is a brand-new way to collaborate with people at work. Where the status of important projects and deals are automatically pushed to you — so you're always in the loop.
  • Share securely and collaborate instantly
  • Stay on top of what matters most
  • Gain insight and make smarter decisions
I am a big fan of mobile knowledge management and collaboration tools and this fits right in.  It is a secure way for all members of a sales team (account reps, pre-sales, product marketing, product management, sales management, etc.) to closely follow developments on a specific account.  The team can quickly and securely share information, deal documents, collateral and discussions.

The field of mobile knowledge management and collaboration is also being explored by Lionel Carrasco, founder of Leapfactor.  Lionel showed me several projects his team was working on in this area.  I hope to interview him more about these solutions soon.

For a while I thought SAP's StreamWorks was going to be an interesting addition to this category, but I left a demo at SAP's TechEd underwhelmed.

Open Text Everywhere is another cool solution I am watching closely in this category.  Their ambitions are very interesting to me.

***************************************************
Kevin Benedict, SAP Mentor, SAP Top Contributor, Mobile and M2M Industry Analyst
Phone +1 208-991-4410
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Join SAP Enterprise Mobility on Linkedin:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=2823585&trk=anet_ug_grppro
Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility consultant, mobility analyst, writer and Web 2.0 marketing professional. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artificial Intelligence and Your Soul - An Interview with David Espindola

Digital Twins Film Project - Premier

Insuring Against Cyber Threats with Expert Bob Parisi