SAP Completes Acquisition of Syclo

Chicago 2012
SAP completed the acquisition of Syclo today (Wednesday, June 6, 2012).  This means, hopefully, many answers to questions that nobody at SAP or Syclo would answer until after the sale closed.  I know, I have tried.  A brief digression on that topic - in Rotterdam a few weeks ago, I almost frightened a poor SAP mobility spokesman to death.  I was sitting in a room listening to his description of SAP's mobile solution and when he asked for questions, I put my hand up to ask about Syclo.  When he recognized me he nearly feinted.  He was sure I was going to write something that would finish his career!  I assured him that nobody reads these blog articles so not to worry.

More on  SAP and Syclo - I saw that in July, Syclo has their annual user conference, and I imagine that is the place to get all the answers.  Here is a description of the event:

If you would like to learn more about SAP and Syclo’s joint plans, then the Syclo Mobile Conference is the must-attend event of the year.  Learn what the acquisition will mean to you and your mobile plans.

The event will be held July 11-13 in downtown Chicago, where you will:
  • Hear about the SAP/Syclo joint vision and roadmap
  • Network with leaders from both SAP and Syclo, as well as your peers
  • Learn from mobile solution customers such as National Grid, Wrigleys, Lockheed Martin, W.W. Grainger, US Cellular, Etisilat and more
  • Learn how to get the most out of mobile for both technical and business audiences
  • Take the opportunity to provide input and shape the future of enterprise mobility
The entire agenda can be found at http://www.syclo.com/SMC/agenda.

*************************************************************
Kevin Benedict, Mobile Industry Analyst, Mobile Strategy Consultant and SAP Mentor Alumnus
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility analyst, consultant and blogger. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.

No comments:

Featured Post

Leadership Advice from a Futurist - A Reading

Leadership is hard.  So for all the leaders and want-to-be leaders out there, here is some advice that I hope you will find useful. ***...