Bracing for Change with Enterprise Mobility

I spent last week working with four brilliant technology analysts in Chicago.  It was -40 degrees Fahrenheit with the windchill. Who would schedule a meeting in Chicago mid-winter?  Even in the conference room it was cold, and we were all wearing coats and scarves! It made for a great adventure and after a brief 36 hour delay in my flight, I am back in the home office.

What did I learn last week?  For starters, more words to add to my vocabulary.  I learned how to use words like gravitas and nascent.  Two words rarely used in Boise, Idaho.  "That potato farmer has both expertise and gravitas, and he is always looking for nascent varieties of spuds."  Sorry, can't say I have ever heard that said.  I did, however, learn a great deal about how real analysts work and organize their research projects.  They taught me much about where technology is today, and where it is rapidly going over the next two years.

Three of my colleagues at Cognizant have just finished a book that will be in all the bookstores in a few weeks.  I had the chance to read much of it, and it provides brilliant insight into digital transformation across industries and markets and explains how to transform business models and IT infrastructures to be successful.
As a result of everything I learned last week, I am impressed that IT infrastructures must  be rapidly upgraded to support "real-time everything."  Mobile computing, the IoT (internet of things) and the advent of broadband Internet have transformed how we think, work, play, communicate and engage in commerce.  If we are going to host our memory, analytics, turn-by-turn navigation, business processes and business solutions in the cloud and access them through mobile devices, we have major work to do in backend infrastructures.  I believe the companies that will be successful in the next five years are those that can guide their organizations best through this age of digital transformation.

*************************************************************
Kevin Benedict
Senior Analyst, Digital Transformation Cognizant
View my profile on LinkedIn
Learn about mobile strategies at MobileEnterpriseStrategies.com
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Join the Linkedin Group Strategic Enterprise Mobility

***Full Disclosure: These are my personal opinions. No company is silly enough to claim them. I am a mobility and digital transformation analyst, consultant and writer. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.

Popular posts from this blog

Artificial Intelligence and Your Soul - An Interview with David Espindola

Digital Twins Film Project - Premier

Insuring Against Cyber Threats with Expert Bob Parisi