- Adding time and date stamps PLUS GPS coordinates to work orders as a way of proving the time, data and location of work performed
- Enabling service technicians and delivery vans to be tracked in near real-time.
- Helping drivers reach their destination faster and with less fuel
- Associating job estimates to a GPS location
- Locating and identifying the location of various pieces of equipment and other assets
- Associating conditional assessments for asset management with a GPS location. This can be used to locate buildings, walls, sidewalks, sprinkler heads etc, that require repair
The list can go on forever because there is a HUGE amount of value in adding geospatial information to just about any field service activity. Including this feature on an iPhone is one more step toward making the iPhone a valueable business tool for the enterprise.
MobileDataforce is currently working on a number of mobile business applications for the iPhone.