Why Do Some Companies Use Mobile Software and Others Don't?


Daily we receive calls from companies wishing to use mobile software on handheld PDAs for their work orders, inspections, asset tracking or delivery services. Although we receive many calls, these companies are unique. For every company that calls my mobile software solutions team, many others in the same markets regretfully do not. Is it because my marketing budget is finite and they simply don't know MobileDataforce exists? Perhaps, but I am inclined to think there is more to the story.
The companies calling us are dissatisfied. They are dissatisfied with their existing business processes. They see inefficiencies and they are annoyed. They have seen the capabilities of mobile solutions and recognize what they mean to their business and profit margins. They are focused on growth and business process improvement. They have ambitions to accomplish more, capture more profits and to improve customer service. They call my team with questions like these:
  • How can I put a work order solution on my Palm Treo 750?

  • How can I dispatch a work order to my mobile device?

  • How can I accomplish instant invoicing?

  • How can I take digital photos of my work?

  • How can I get "proof-of-delivery" using a mobile handheld PDA?

  • How can I take these paper forms and convert them to mobile solutions?

  • My paper process is costing me $234,000 per year. Can I mobilize this process?

No comments:

Featured Post

Leadership Advice from a Futurist - A Reading

Leadership is hard.  So for all the leaders and want-to-be leaders out there, here is some advice that I hope you will find useful. ***...